Friday, March 23, 2007

New Job

Hey everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know that I got a job!!!
There was a thing with Monmouth that kind of delayed me figuring out exactly where I was going to work. See....I wanted to get a job at Monmouth on Labor & Delivery ((I had done my four week preceptorship there and absolutely LOVED it!!)) I met with the nurse recruiter and then the nurse manager for the floor. The nurse manager told me she would love to have me on the floor if I wanted to work there. She told all the nurses there to welcome me and told them I would be starting in April. The nurse recruiter called me the next day and told me that they wanted to offer me a job but couldn't officially do so until the hospital offically posted the job ((they knew the position was there but no one else really knew about it yet)). It was supposed to be posted five days later. She asked me if I could sit tight until then, but then we would get moving to schedule everything I needed to do before I started working. So I spent almost a week thinking that I had the job I wanted more than anything. When I called the day it was supposed to be posted, I was told that it had come through as a job for an experienced nurse only who was already trained for labor and delivery because of the budget. I was really upset but ....I got over it. ((mom would say that I didn't get over it too easily...hahaha))
Then....I got offers from both JFK and Rahway. So...I've spent the last week trying to figure out exactly where it was I would rather be. After all that, I decided to take the job at JFK on their Neuro floor. I called today to accept the position and I start on April 9th. Woohoo!!!
Hope everyone is doing well. No one has really been on here in a while!! Hope to talk to you guys soon or for someone else to post so that I can comment on their post!!! <3 <3


Brynn - :)

3 comments:

Aunt Mary Kay said...

Congratulations Brynn! That is so awesome! You will be very good at the whole labor and delivery thing. Make sure you are sensitive to all the new first time mothers who think they are in labor but really aren't. Otherwise they feel really stupid - not that I know anything about that - ha ha! I still remember having the nasty nurse from hell the night before Danny was born and I always remember the very sweet overnight nurse who came in to replace her when I was at the end of my rope. Maternity nurses are like teachers - they make a lasting impression on a woman's memories because they are there at the most important time in a woman's life.

Best of luck! I know you will do well.

BrynnerB said...

Hey Mary Kay. Thanks!!! heehee....but....I think you missed part of my message. hahah. I'm going to be working on Neuro ((strokes/seizures/etc)) The labor & delivery job was for experienced nurses only. Although, looking back at my message I went on and on about L&D and barely talked about the job I really ended up getting. I was venting about how evil monmouth had been. But....hopefully once I'm at JFK for a while on Neuro, I'll be able to transfer to L&D there - that probably wouldn't be til after a year though I'd say. ((they say that new nurses have to work with sick patients for a while before they can work on L&D)) :) So I'll be working mostly with stroke victims and seizure patients and such. I'll let you guys know what the floor is REALLY like once I actually start! :) :) :)

Aunt Mary Kay said...

I got confused. I'm sorry! I thought you were doing the neuro part of labor and delivery - like for high risk type pregnancies and babies with neuro problems. Sorry I didn't read the fine print! Then there was all that drama about MY experience that I just had to share - ha ha ha!!!!